Kicking off I will introduce you to some concepts such as User Centric Design, why you should care about User Centric Design, and how you need to know that User Experience is NOT a step in your design process.
In the Planning Module you will be introduced to a variety of planning concepts that will help you anticipate and visualize what you may or may not want to focus your efforts on. This module includes questions to ask yourself, mindsets to embrace, and practices to be in.
The Discovery Module is where we are going to dive deep into a series of exercises that will help you uncover what you REALLY want out of your project, and what it's going to take to get there. Think about your values, who you want to reach, strengths/weaknesses, competitive analysis, and more...
In the Money Module, I will introduce you to some insights for thinking about money, and how that will affect your pricing and conversion goals. Like it or not, these projects will require funding and revenue goals and it's better to know what you need to produce before you start, rather than get crushed later.
The Strategy Module is where we will turn our attention to confirming our business objectives, shift our focus to content, and create requirements documentation, a creative brief, and asset inventory that will help you achieve the vision and goals you have for your website or digital marketing project.
The Design Module is going to introduce you to some design concepts to shift your focus from thinking in terms of color and style to thinking more in terms of solving problems. You will learn how to think about designing for the different devices that your audience uses, and how to engage them. We will build a sitemap and some wireframes and learn about some basic branding elements.
The Development Module will introduce you to a process for turning your designs into a working prototype. While this course does not cover HOW to develop or program, I will cover how to understand front-end technologies, different programming languages, and how to set up your development environment. I will also review some development framework options, how to rapidly prototype, and what you should be doing to test your code.
In the User Experience Module I will show you why it's important to perform regular usability and user experience reviews and audits. You will learn what you need to perform these audits and how to recap on your user and user objectives. The key is to keep things simple, but I will show you the steps you need to take to gather and organize the proper materials to perform a test. We will also learn how to spot trends, review analytics, and create reports of our findings.
The Launch Plan Module is going to cover why announcing the launch of your new website should be more than sending a few emails or tweets and posts on social media. In these lessons I will give you insights and steps to take during your pre-launch, launch, and re-launch phases to ensure that launching your new website is a success.
The Digital Marketing Module covers the basics of digital marketing. I'll be teaching some ingredients and insights that will help you get the mindset to become an effective marketer, as well as the different elements of reach, engagement, and conversion that your website and marketing materials will benefit from as time goes on.
The Reporting Module will teach you why tracking and adjusting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are key to ongoing success. You will learn how to observe, learn, and adapt your strategy based on the most important KPIs in Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and your email campaigns.
The Maintenance Module will show you how to keep your site optimized and goals on track long after you launch your site. You learn why it's important to develop a maintenance plan for your website and what you will need to perform daily, monthly, and annual website maintenance.
Conclusions & Resources
The "Conclusions" module is the final module and I will provide some insights into what's ahead for User Centered web design and an extensive list of resources you can explore to learn more on the topic and put to work for you.
Who is this NOT for?
- Those who insist on hiring cheap, offshore developers and just being "hands-off".
- Those who won't take time to learn and apply the content.
- Those who insist on "winging it" and believe that their days should be spent "putting out fires" or that every feature is a "quick add".
- Those that hire "in-house" interns that work for pizza, red bulls, fake equity, AND bring their own laptops and software.
- And it is definitely NOT for those that only take action when their maintenance or marketing activities have reached a crisis.
Who is this for?
- Those who want to design, build, and launch a website or digital marketing campaign in less time, and with less stress.
- Those who are tired of wasting time or money on digital marketing that brings them little to no ROI, or unimpressive results.
- Those who want to learn how to START building effective websites and digital marketing campaigns.
- Those who want to grow a list of prospects, lifetime customers, and advocates of their online brand.
- Those just starting out with a web design and are not sure what steps to take.
- Those that want to learn how to approach projects like a professional or agency would but without the high fees, jargon, or costs.
- Those who would appreciate access to insights, processes, checklists, and resources that will give them an ROI on their time.
Founder / UX / Design
Hi, my name is Nathan Bray. I created this training because it can be both difficult and time consuming to launch a web design strategy. Since you are here, these are 3 ways that I can help you:
1. Watch my free training videos on user experience, planning, and strategic web design. Topics range from UX and User Centric Design, to planning, discovery, money, strategy, design, and more.
2. Join my membership, and get additional access. My free videos are helpful, but with a membership you gain access to additional resources, tools, checklists, progress tracking, and standard operating procedures which you may implement in your own business.
3. To work with me privately CLICK HERE to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
Premium Members Get Access To
Loads of Awesome Web Dev Stuff
Not only do you get step by step web design lessons, you also get all my favorite resources.
Ask Questions and Start Discussions
Reply to any lesson or file to create a discussion thread on that subject. We’re all about building community.
Receive E-mail Updates
You will be kept up to date and guided through your lessons and projects with friendly email reminders.
1-On-1 Private Chat
Do you have web questions? Members qualify for private support and consulting offers.
Members receive access to the html, css, and graphic source files for the website projects we work on.
Constantly Updated Library
Our resource library is constantly updated with new and fresh content so you can grab what you need.